Friday, July 11, 2008
Makes me sick!
Ok. Wednesday I was at Super Target buying some snacks for our trip to Water World. There were about 6 Target employees on the aisle where you buy chips/crackers ect. and they were pulling expired product off the shelves and putting them into carts. There were 2 carts filled with stuff like Pringles, Doritos ect. So I asked them, "Hey what do you guys do with stuff when it expires?" And they said "Oh, we throw it away." and I said "You are kidding?? Let me pull my car around back and you can just fill 'er up." They said, "We used to be able to take expired product, but we aren't allowed to anymore. " And to this I say ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????? You can't tell me that these things are not edible!! I understand having an expiration for foods, but pringles don't go bad for quite a while if they aren't open!! And this was just one that I witnessed. It sounds like they do it all the time! There are kids that are struggling to find food in this very city I assure you! THIS MAKES ME SICK!! WHAT A WASTE!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Looks like the next time we come to visit we can go dumpster divin' at Target for snacks.
I totally agree. Why couldn't Target take things off the shelf 2 days before the 'expiration date'. You know they aren't going to sell it. Then they can take it to a shelter. It will not be wasted there.
i like food.
Post a Comment