Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Day is like the Superbowl

Seriously, my husband loves election day. He was a volunteer attorney for the election headquarters. They sent them around to check on polling places and make sure everything was running smoothly. He wanted the kids to stay up however late it was going to be and even miss school the next day if needed. He wanted superbowl type food for the night. Needless to say, we had a very enjoyable night last night. Landslide=Kids went to school this morning.

7 comments:

Broncop3t3 said...

I agree. I started listening to the radio about 3:00 PM and didn't go to bed until about midnight. Then when I woke up at 3:00 AM I checked some races here in Idaho. Fun times! I wish we would have had the Superbowl food!

Down in the Sun said...

Glad that you guys enjoyed the history! I had to turn on AM talk radio at 2:30 am after I got off of work to hear what happened!

Lewis Family said...

I was looking at my old emails and found one from you. It was your blog address!! I love it!! I just started blogging. I am not awesome at it yet. I need to figure out a ton of stuff. I love your pictures. You guys look so great!! I can't believe how grown up everyone is. We need to talk soon. Clara

Tanner Family said...

Okay Jyl, your family is too cute. I can't believe you have 4 kids. When you haven't seen someone in a while they are kind of stuck when you last saw them and I guess that would be 10 years ago. Congratulations on good genes.

Amy Spalding said...

Hey Jyl,
I just responded to your friend invite on facebook...sorry, I was really slow. I love your blog. Could your kids be any cuter? It was fun to talk to you at the reunion-hopefully it won't be another five years until we get together again.

Amy Spalding said...

Oh, I forgot to mention, the whole politics thing must run in the family! I feel the same way Tom does. Devin actually wanted to find out who won, but the other boys couldn't have cared less. I used to stay up on election nights with my dad when I was a kid. Good stuff :)

lindsey said...

This is hilarious. I made a special dinner, but since we're not football fans, from here on out, election night will be OUR super bowl. :)