O.K--so here's what happened this weekend. We got to go have a sleep over at the Pepsi Center with Boy Scouts. It included the game, concessions, shooting hoops on the floor, a midnight movie and sleeping over on the club level at the Pepsi Center. Evan was soooooo excited because he just loves basketball and the Nuggets. As you'll see by my postings and pics below we had a great time..... UNTIL about 3am when small children were running around completely unsupervised. This had been going on all night while my children were all tucked away nicely sleeping in their sleeping bags. I thought surely at the mandatory 2am lights out that I could relax and go to sleep. That never happened. I just have to rant for a second about what in the world is matter with people??? There were tiny little kids playing hide and seek at 4:30am. Not an adult in sight. Really I was thinking that this is a child molester's dream night!! I wanted to go to sleep, but it was impossible to sleep when strangers were roaming around my kids all night!! I was extremely disappointed that there was really no one "in charge" from the scouts. We finally got the kids up at 6:30am and headed home. The kids really had a great time, but Tom and I got zero sleep. This is one of these things you can say you did ONCE.
Nate and Tom with the boys before the game.

Tommy, Clark and Luke got to come to the game with us!

Evan and Mom

Kids at the Nugget's game.

So after the game we had to wait FOREVER for them to let the kids down on the court. To kill time, Nate, Tom and I decided to blog about really terrible hair-do's that were in the crowd around us. This may seem mean now, but it was really really funny then.
This may be hard to see, but his bangs were sticking out forward. Really weird.

As Tom describes this mullett--Achy Breaky Heart meets heavy metal skunk.

This is a man.. Not a woman.

We finally got to go the court and the kids had a great time shooting hoops.
Adrian shooting hoops on the court. He took off to get in line again so he didn't make it the rest of these pics.

Clark, Luke, Ethan, Jake and Evan

Decked out in Nuggets gear and capturing a moment on the floor.

Evan and Jake shooting baskets on the Nugget's court!

Here is us camping out on the Pepsi Center Club Level.


6 comments:
You actually need to report what happened to the BSA. Don't want to be an alarmist, but you are right, it is a child molesters playground when kids are unsupervised, especially at that time. Shame on the adults who were suppose to be watching them. It sounds like you had fun despite the lack of sleep.
That would have been a lot of fun, but I don't think I would have slept either. People are crazy letting their kids run around like that!
That sounded like it should have been so fun - sorry about the craziness at night! At least the game looked like tons-o-fun!
Game-great. Concessions-delicious. Shoot around-fun. Mullets-copious. Embarassing Mormons-countless. Sticky, nasty, spoiled soda on the floor-unavoidable.
The look on that fat kids face when I told him where his basketball was going to end up if he dribbled it again at 2 in the morning- Priceless.
Wow! I'm with you about not being able to sleep. I'm creeped out by just thinking about what could have happened to those unsupervised kids.
I'm not sure who dagus1976 is but I'm laughing hysterically at the "Priceless" comment!
Cute blog Jyl!
Laura
Post a Comment