Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Father and Son Cake contest

Ok, so I realize that this is pretty old news if you're in my ward, but I had to get it on here. At the beginning of March we had our Blue and Gold Banquet for Scouts. It is a tradition in the ward for the Dad's and Son's to make a cake together. Mom's are not allowed to touch anything! (Except the clean up afterward) So Tom and the Boys went to a cake store and came up with their idea and did everything themselves. They had a great time. The cakes that turned up at this thing were AMAZING! I couldn't believe all the creative cakes there were! Here are a few pics from that night.





Here is the final cake that won an award for the "Best Sports Cake." The kids were very pleased with their final work.

2 comments:

Marti said...

We are always assigned a theme. We did break ranks and do a sports cake one year. And yes, we are left to clean up the mess!

TammyP said...

So cool! That gives us a great idea for ours coming up!!